Terraqua - Land Investment

Category Archives: colorado

Larimer County Acquires Farm with Water Rights

DSC_7380

The Historic Malchow Farm was purchased for its water. The property, infrastructure and minerals were purchased along with the valuable water rights, including 240 units of Colorado-Big Thompson, or C-BT, water, 16 shares of Handy Ditch native water rights and 20 shares in Dry Creek Lateral Ditch. http://larimer.org/news/newsDetail.cfm?id=4318 Larimer County Acquires Farm Southwest of Berthoud  Read more…

Also posted in Agriculture, colorado land, ecosystem services, Farmland, Historical Preservation, Land Investment, Public Lands, Ranches, Ranching, U.S. Farmland, Water, Water rights | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

The Wealthy Quietly Invest in Westcliffe, Colorado Ranchland – Where It’s Hard to tell the 1% from the other 99%

WESTCLIFFE, CO - JULY 13: A general view of downtown Westcliffe, CO on July 13, 2016. Custer County ranked fifth for its income gap out of 3,064 U.S. counties examined by the Keystone Research Center in Harrisburg, Pa. (Photo by Michael Reaves/The Denver Post)

Good article from today’s Denver Post that mentions Westcliffe, Colorado and low key wealthy who invest, recreate and live here The surprising peaks and valleys in Colorado income inequality Colorado is a relatively egalitarian place, especially when compared with states such as New York, Connecticut or even Wyoming. But it contains some surprisingly high peaks and  Read more…

Also posted in Fay Ranches, Land Investment, Private Wealth, Ranches, Ranching, Recreational Land, Republic Ranches, westcliffe | Leave a comment
  • Recent Articles

  • Browse Articles by Category

  • Article Archives

  • Subscribe to our mailing list.

  • Contact Terraqua

    1625 Larimer St., Suite 506
    Denver, Colorado 80202
    303-900-4226
    watsonj@terraqua.us